Friday 21 September 2012

THIS IS HORRIFIC AND DEGRADING

THIS IS HORRIFIC AND DEGRADING
I must say my day today was quite tiring more than usual because I had to do some rounds early in the day here in Accra and later had to go to Koforidua to do some little stuff.
On my return, I passed by the house of my friends who happens to be a neighbour as well. He came out to see me and the first thing he said was that he was watching some video about a lady who was molested (fingured and stripped naked in his words). He went ahead to give some vivid description and as he continued, I realised the act was more serious than I was taking it.
He then went ahead to say it happened in one of the halls on the University of Ghana. From the look on his face and the insinuations he was making, he was attempting to tell me, he was sure the act had happened in the Vandal City (Commonwealth Hall) of the University of Ghana.
Immediately he came close to making this allegation, I told him if the description he gave me is anything to go by and he is sure the act is as serious as he is making it seem, then it could never had happened in the Vandal City. I told him I was sure about this because I lived in the Vandal City whiles I was on campus and that I know the terrain quite well. There and then I told him even the fact that the said lady was touched (just touched), not molested of any sort would have attracted the wrath of the Chief Vandal and his Outfit so I can’t imagine that happening. I mean how? You can ask any VANDAL at all and you would appreciate what am saying.
So we spoke and left for the house and after taking off my trousers and my shirt, I put on the TV and began to watch the news on Metro TV. A few minutes into the news, and lo and behold the news item was being read about this molestation I have been talking to you about.
The news had it that the lady probably not a student had gone into one of the rooms and stole phones and a laptop. My God, you won’t believe the treatment that was meted out to this lady. The guy who tried to describe the act to belittle the act. My fellow human beings reading this piece, I must tell you that was the most horrific thing I have seen in 2011. Young men could actually do this to a female or a young lady? I could believe my eyes. If you are a human being and you are not disgusted by this scenery, I will think of another classification to put you.
She was stripped naked, with her thighs opened wide at various point and boys coming from nowhere in a mob and …..i wish I could say i’m surprised but the little I have come to understand about the nature of the human being and what one wickedness a person is capable of unleashing unto another human being, I dare not say am surprised but rather would say am disgusted. Here I will ask the question, is it part of ability as a human being to be this wicked? OMG…
I have heard news about rapists and all sorts of atrocities that have been committed and all that, but the fact that this happened in a hall of a university leaves much to be desired. I won’t talk about the alleged theft case at all because this act can never be justified under any circumstance.
Hmmmm I thought I was having a good and fruitful day, I actually almost concluded to have had a good day until I say this. My day got spoilt as a result. Let us be humans, and by this I mean we should be humane at all cost.
Troubleshuta

No comments:

Post a Comment