Friday 21 September 2012

COME TO THINK OF IT



Come to think of it…
If you have sat in a Bible believing church before, listening to the story of the creation of the earth and how man came to inhabit it, you would have come across the names Adam, Eve and the Garden of Eden.

Just for laughs please, before I launch into the thrust of this write-up, I wish to ask how Adam and Eve ‘evolutionized’ their generation with regard to the varied races as we know them today. I think it is interesting how these came about with particular respect to language and the generality of culture. If you ask me, Loads of learning yet to be done.
I guess that is ok, let us keep moving and now into the issues. The nature of man as it used to be and as it is today, then I will let you in on what my take is.

This is Biblical and not my own imagination, God created man (both sexes) in his own image and gave him charge over a garden (environment) with assigned rules and regulations. Man being an image of God makes him more like God in my opinion, is capable of doing some things if not all and so goes about doing ‘some’ things. In the course of doing things, man happens to flout the rules laid not for him. Now left begin to do some introspection.

This is what I see, and I hope you see it too, assuming what God regulated against was ‘bad’, the same which man happened to do, then we could deduce there and then that God created man both capable of doing good (his bidding) and bad (what he forbids man to do). I hope you remember you were created ‘good’, by extension, we can say that the tendency to do either good or bad or both is good. If you are a Christian and believe in the Bible I will be surprised (maybe not) to see or hear you dispute this, because this is simple and it is by inspection, just open your eyes. Note, this is not my take, not yet.

Now let us take a look at the circumstances under which Adam and Eve flouted Gods regulation for which reason God had to drive them away from ‘his garden’ (or does it belong to Adam and Eve since it was supposed to be a birthday present….maybe), please do not forget he is a loving God, it is very crucial in putting the analysis in proper context. This is the circumstance, there was a garden, Adam and Eve, Serpent (I wonder where he came from, representing the devil) and God with his angels and Jesus too, am told he was around at the time.

And bang it happened; man ate the fruit all due to deception by the devil, Satan. God gets furious and fires man. When you do a cursory look at this, you can put weight on the kind of pressure man was under and in my opinion, a very light one (maybe wrong). You can ask me why and I will tell you this, the man had been around all this while and the serpent could not convince him to eat the fruit until the woman came along, even for that the woman had eaten it and told the man it tasted great. If you were the man and you happened to be in love as much as Adam was, would you have allowed Eve to suffer the consequence alone or better still ‘chook’ her, no way, ‘all die be die’ for love’s sake. But come to think of it, if Adam was one of these my boys ‘wey’ no get love, Charley maybe the story would have been something else ‘papa’. Men would have inhabited a better world free of diseases; we would be married to angels among others, ‘laugh small’.
Alright, so we know that man fell right, at least you might have heard. This is the point, the same man who fell or flouted God under the aforementioned circumstances is the same man living on earth today, I mean you and I, and am not the one saying it, it is the Bible, though I have a different view on that. Now cast your minds back to the circumstances leading to the fall of man and compare that to the today’s man. I agree that the Serpent could have used varied moves or styles, like stand straight (oh yes he or it used to have legs) or coil and the like but he could not have employed mediums like youtube, beach parties, kick backs (you know what I mean)….

I know somebody would definitely say all these were spiritual and not as physical as am putting it, am ready to learn those angles.
Here is the real thrust of all the scenarios I put forward. God’s creation is perfect in my opinion, all these things you can see around, and in his words we should subdue them for our benefit. With our minds we have come a long way as humans in making sense out of the wonders of God and this is how far we have come. When you cut a tree, it does not grow back the next day, when you pollute the water bodies, it endangers species, when you are sick and you do not seek treatment, your body grows weak and you die. You can’t change that and God can’t either. When the gutters in Accra are choked and it rains, the drains will overflow and flood your house if it is nearby, you will die if you get drowned therein. The floods won’t pass you by to go flood the house 100 miles away, never, and in fact we create the flood. The example of Japan is there to see.
I smile and shake my head in confusion when people go and gather praying to God to take natural disasters away from us, I wonder what God can do. These same persons live in a country where road accidents claim more lives in a year than those lost to natural disasters in other countries due to horrible pot and manholes on our roads. I wonder how we could claim God loves us in a country where we are globetrotting looking for $250 million to complete some major roads ongoing in the country whilst just one sector of our economy (mining sector) sees more than five times this money leak out of the country into foreign countries and banks almost every quarter.
I wonder how God will come in to reverse this trend in our favour, I see no means possible. Can you imagine living 18th century in 21st century? If you are Ghanaian living in Ghana, do not imagine this, because you are living it. If our economy is a ‘Guggisberg’ one, we will be paid accordingly. All it takes is a change of attitude and mindset, the dogma is killing, I just can’t take it anymore.
My take: God can’t do anything for Ghana, we make or unmake Ghana, just open your eyes and you will see a positive correlation (+1) between the actions and inactions of our forefathers (both national our and family wise) and the state of the country. If the NDC does not find innovative ways to secure money to complete the affordable housing projects initiated by the NPP before thinking of adding new ones, God can’t do anything about it, if Ghana can’t find ways to empower GREDA, the housing deficit will continue to widen and the like. God is no more in action, open your eyes and you will see.
Troubleshuta

No comments:

Post a Comment