Friday 21 September 2012

GREECE

The ongoing events in Greece have kept me thinking about the world and its sustainability in general. As a result, I have come to this conclusion, that the world is very pitiful and funny to say the least. This is why:
This is a country in so much trauma due to financial distress, irrespective of what ordinary citizens of Greece claim to be the cause of this current problem, that this is due to mismanagement on the part of politicians, lets us take a look at how the EU and private entities have come in to help and the fact that a year after that bailout package, the situation has actually worsened.

I agree am not an expert, at all, but in the case of Greece, Europe wants to see them come out good and begin to service their debt and so is the wish of the respective financial institutions that have come on board to help. I wish to point out the fact that these groupings as I have mentioned would in one way or the other do due diligence on this path they decided to travel (that is lending to Greece or bailing them out) and would have offered advice if necessary. My point is where did it lead Greece a year after? If you ask me, I think right into the dungeons.

I can go on and on to site scenarios but this is the real thrust, that the world economies is such that no institution or country has the antidote to and that what we have tried to do all along was to apply mechanisms that we deemed fit at points in time and when they worked, we felt like gurus but we ain’t, something well thought out though, just worked and that was it, nothing more.

The world therefore is in my opinion is like the lifelong consumption function of an individual and no matter how prudent you try to manage it, it will slope from left to right, fall, rise, and stagnate no matter what. All we can do is to manage it as much as we can, which often see as pitifully go about prescribing various antidotes thereof.

That is my take but let me ask finally, this is a country of about 12 million people with all these huge debts and a precarious unemployment situation. What is the way forward?
Troubleshuta

No comments:

Post a Comment