Sunday 2 March 2014

2013 VGMA NOMINATIONS-MY TAKE


To start with, if I am asked to describe in one word what my take is on the work of the VGMA Board with regard to its 2013 Ghana Music Awards Nomination list, that one word would be “Laziness”, I would hasten to add that it goes further to expose the fact that the Board pays little or no attention to detail, and I dare say that has far reaching consequences.
For analysis, check out the Nomination list for Best HipHop Song of the year 2013;

See Me Suffer-EL ft Lil Shaker
Lies-Sarkodie ft Lil Shaker
SomeWayBi-Manifest
Marilyn Monroe-Dee Money ft Fuse ODG
Me Wo Dollor-Kwawkese ft EL

And off the top of my mind, I present to you these HipHop tunes for same period;
Yeda Wase-Obrafour, Edem, Tinny, Sarkodie, Kwawkese
Ohene-Edem ft Obrafour
Odee-Edem ft Trigmatic, X.O Senavoe
Elijah-Sarkodie ft Obrafour
Original-Sarkodie
Bounce-Sarkodie
No Short Cut To Heaven-Manifest ft Obrafour
Under And Over-Manifest
I No Dey See You Sef-Lil Shaker, Edem, Sarkodie, Joey B, Bra Kevin, Raquel
Thirty Two (32)-Lyrical Wanzam

...that is just to name a few, I have said in a tweet immediately after I saw the Nomination list for Best HipHop, that Manifest’s SomeWayBi is the only song HipHop enough to make it to that list, having listened to all those songs.
This shoddy work done to Best HipHop song category sadly runs through almost all the other nominations and I wonder what the members of the Board listen to in their private lives.

I conclude here by expressing my wonder as to how Da’Hammer of the Last2 might be feeling or would feel seeing what has been done to HipHop.
Tweeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

2 comments:

  1. so so appalling ...... crappy work!!! ... .i think that board should be desolved immediately .....

    ReplyDelete